for some strange reason i felt like putting down the slogans seen behind merry truckers in India. some of them are insanely funny, others inanely philosophical, and yet others utterly romantique. some are absolute trash. and the atrocious spellings are rarely hard to miss. but love em or hate em, you can't avoid noticing them.
here is a list of some that i remember. i would really appreciate if others can chip in with the ones they remember
1. main toh noo hi chaloongi.
2. buri nazar waale tera mooh kaala
3. aaj jalandhar kal phagwaade, aaja mere naal, le chaloon nadi ke kinaare
4. ok tata horan please
5. use dippar at night
6. raju ki nakhrewaali
7. chammak chhallo zara dheere chalo
8. diriver doosre kone mein baitha hai
9. dekho, magar pyaar se
10. balvinder te satender di gaddi
11. jagah milne par saide di jaayegi
12. abbe kahan bhaaga jaa raha hai
13. qismat apni, khudai uski
14. chal di ban than ke
15. gussa dikhayega, mooh ke bal paayega
16. jai mata di
thats all i can remember for now. cant seem to remember the really long one's. these one liners have stayed with me from my countless trips shuttling between meerut-delhi in roadways buses. i would invariably end up chuckling to myself. another very useful past-time used to be creating arbitrary formula's from vehicle registration numbers. for eg. UP 15B 8421: 8/4 = 2/1
i would allow myself sin, cos, tan, log (to any base), exponent, and other standard mathematical notation. it was fun if you couldnt change the ordering of the numbers. 9363: log (base 3) 9 = 6/3
i know a simpler version exists, but i liked making it complex. but thats just me. :)
try it all you dragging-your-ass-through-public-transportation people out there. it sure was fun for me.